WriteRN September Recap + Income Report + 1:1 Coaching Special
Hey there fellow freelancers!
Can you believe we are heading into FALL? One thing I love about Ohio is the seasons changing. Though, summer is my favorite, fall is close behind. It is my favorite hiking time, which is when I reflect a lot on my business.
What do you do to reflect on your business?
September was great!
I was able to go on vacation to Florida (even with hurricane Irma), we went to the gulf side, and had the best year of weather we have ever had. I was able to get so much work done and enjoy myself (a lot). That is what I love about this freelance writing side job.
Let me give you the overall feel of September in my wins and not so cool moments income report.
A quick run down, I gained some different types of freelance work with a client who I have been working with for a few years. He is a CEO of a large company and needs case management type of help. I also did some virtual assistance work for my sister and her company. Also, I am starting a research study with a nurse researcher, as well as became a beta tester for a neat platform called WriteBoost.
Real quick --- You want to start tracking your monthly expenses?
Recap of September!
2 VA type of clients gained
- I am gaining a client to do VA/Case management work for in October. We have a call on Tuesday for more details, but this will give me extra money. I love to write, but I also like to do things to not become burnt out in writing.
- I start a research project this month with a fellow nurse researcher
- I started VA work with my sister and her friend over at Launch your Daydream
- Allnurses is still holding me strong for work!
- I was able to edit my whole book on vacation! I have to input the edits to the computer now.
- I have over 700+ LinkedIn followers now
- I was able to try out a cool new Writing platform called Writeboost. So far, I like it a lot. There are some glitches, but Tom is great to work with over there.
- My friend Vicky and I are going to do some coaching together (with each other) on a platform we want to try out and then possibly bring it to our coaching clients!
I do a lot of blogging, and believe it or not, these income reports give the most traffic. I believe it is because people are curious, and people want to know if they can do it. Let me tell you, if I can you can do it.
Not so cool times:
- I didn't get chosen after 5 pitches to Contently. This might be a good thing because the writing seemed a little too technical for me. I love writing for them, though, but when one door closes, another opens, right?
- Patientpop, a company who I pitched for also declined me. Boo hoo.
- This coming month, I don't have any active writing I have to do, therefore, I have to reach out!
- My book is still not done.
Sharing is Caring
Some podcasts I like this month: